HMart is the largest Asian supermarket chain in America and is the pioneer of Asian food in America. Starting in 1982 with a single store in Woodside, Queens, HMart has grown to include more than 97 stores across the United States. HMart is America’s premier Asian food destination and provides groceries and essential everyday needs, and exclusive products.
Grand-BK is a sister company that manages the Information Technology aspects for HMart. We continue to grow and seek people who have technical talents to support our rapid expansion. We value our employees and provide significant benefits to our team members.
Systems Engineer is responsible for the daily operation and availability of the company IT Infrastructure including Server & Storage, POS, layout for data centers, and SaaS/IaaS/PaaS. The IT Systems and Security Engineer is responsible for the plan, design, installation, maintenance, and retirement of the company’s servers, storage, and related external services. Manages planned maintenance activities including upgrades and patching. Responsible for resolving failures, incidences, and effects of changes to the IT Infrastructure. Manages and reduces system security vulnerabilities. Reports to IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Infrastructure Collaboration
- Implements Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans and procedures.
- Develops and Implements Infrastructure policies and Standard Operating Procedure
- Supports the Infrastructure Manager on running strategy execution, operations and services for servers, storage and POS including hardening devices and systems.
- Coordinates the support and testing of products with other IT functions.
- Responsible for the install, maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization, which often involves creating user accounts, carrying out backup and recovery functions, and monitoring the performance of servers on a day-to-day basis.
- Installs and upgrades computer components and software; manages virtual servers, and integrates automation processes.
- Continuously improves server and hosting services. Ensures the maintenance, availability, and performance of all data centers and the services provided by them. Also, ensures the maintenance of infrastructure components, including but not limited to servers (Windows, UNIX, Linux, POS OS), storage, network, telecommunications systems, POS hardware, and SaaS tools such as Google Workspace, collaboration tools, and IT management and monitoring systems.
- Performs regular backup operations and implements appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Troubleshoots hardware and software errors by running diagnostics and documents the problems and resolutions. Places priority on continuous infrastructure initiatives and assesses their impacts.
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Ensures sufficient inventory of active equipment for availability.
- Plans and Manages End of Support (EOS) equipment by upgrading and replacing equipment where needed.
- Secures maintenance windows and provides timely patching and firmware upgrades.
- Performs compliance activities and establishes day-to-day operation to meet requirements.
- Maintains site licenses, plans and implements IT security to meet legal requirements.
- Digital Transformation
- Supports Digital Transformation and optimizes end-user experience throughout the corporation as it relates to all IT Infrastructure elements. This includes collecting end-user requirements, identifying key needs and priorities, and transforming them into services and infrastructure that improves employee productivity.
Skills and Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Server (administration, installation, Active Directory/GPO)
- Experience supporting, implementing and/or administering networks and servers
- Active Directory Integration with other services (Google workspace, etc.)
- Experience with audits, compliance and IT controls
- Experience integrating on-prem, Cloud, and hybrid infrastructure (AWS or Azure)
- Experience with:
- VMWare 6.5 & VEEAM Backup Software
- EMC/HP 3PAR SAN Storage
- Google Workspace Administration
- Scripting and automation tools (Python / Powershell)
- System administration and IT certifications in Microsoft and network administration are a plus
- Bachelor's Degree, Information Technology/Computer Science
- MCSA/MCSE, CISM/CISSP, Other relevant credentials