HMart is the largest Asian supermarket chain in America and is the pioneer of Asian food in America. Starting in 1982 with a single store in Woodside, Queens, HMart has grown to include more than 97 stores across the United States. HMart is America’s premier Asian food destination and provides groceries and essential everyday needs, and exclusive products.
Grand-BK is a sister company that manages the Information Technology aspects for HMart. We continue to grow and seek people who have technical talents to support our rapid expansion. We value our employees and provide significant benefits to our team members.
An ideal candidate is a full-stack developer who can independently operate across all development processes. S/he can identify business requirements to engineer products that meet users’ needs. S/he is an expert web developer with experience in agile/scrum methodology who can help less-experienced team members. S/he effectively plans, develops, and documents as required.
- Development Lead
- Leads the development team in the design, initiation, coding, testing, and debugging of applications.
- Projects the time required to meet user specifications.
- Ensures efficient communication between team members and other IT functional team members.
- Software Development
- Codes, tests, and debugs programs according to user requirements and functional specifications.
- Revises applications as needed.
- Communicates well with team members who hold different roles such as analysts, engineers, and testers to coordinate and document application development and testing.
- Develops software prototypes/proof of concepts, testing procedures, and mockups.
- Database Management
- Creates and maintains company database strategy and procedure across multiple hardware and environment types.
- Provides technical database expertise and resolves system issues assisting in the monitoring of database performance and suggesting improvements.
- Initiates preventive and corrective measures to ensure all database servers and database designs meet or exceed processing requirements for performance and reliability.
- Develops and manages multiple databases building long term database integration/consolidation strategy.
- Application Architecture
- Oversees the application development and identifies frameworks and high-level designs that align with end-user needs and company goals.
- Communicates systems application strategies, roadmaps, and reference architectures to the technical team and executives to improve company capabilities and growth strategy.
- Provides documentation, training, and support to the organization to ensure the highest level of application design standards and security.
Skills and Qualifications
- Prior work with PHP or Java development and related frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and SQL query language skills.
- Mobile development.
- Five years of Full-Stack Development experience plus, experience in the following:
- Mobile app deployment.
- Development using Cloud platforms(AWS, Azure).
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs.
- Database Management.
- Preferred experiences:
- Apple and Android Development experience.
- Development of secure app/web applications.
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, information technology, or related discipline
- Developer certifications, Microsoft SQL Server database certifications