HMart is the largest Asian supermarket chain in America and is the pioneer of Asian food in America. Starting in 1982 with a single store in Woodside, Queens, HMart has grown to include more than 97 stores across the United States. HMart is America’s premier Asian food destination and provides groceries and essential everyday needs, and exclusive products.
Grand-BK is a sister company that manages the Information Technology aspects for HMart. We continue to grow and seek people who have technical talents to support our rapid expansion. We value our employees and provide significant benefits to our team members.
IT Project Manager will be responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing technical projects. S/he will operate independently to drive results by maintaining the schedule, cost, and scope of projects. S/he will ensure sufficient resource availability and vie for them when needed. This individual will be an integral part of the Information Technology organization reporting directly to the Manager of Service Management to ensure the success of business initiatives.
- Project Management
- Aligning IT strategies, projects, tasks, hardware, and software with business goals to achieve business outcomes
- Expertly plans and communicates the plan to all stakeholders
- Provides leadership and direction to all involved personnel to coordinate the work and complete it in an efficient manner
- Able to think critically to solve complex problems and provide optimal solutions
- Able to negotiate and meet needs to accomplish the greater goal
- Able to pivot, as required, to handle external influences that may cause scope creep or changes in resources and budget
- Able to manage internal and external resources well
- Capable of operating in both waterfall and agile environments
- Identifies optimal methods of communication and ensures awareness and acceptance of all stakeholders
- Ability to write and present plans and recurring updates
- Technical Skills
- Has experience and knowledge of various technologies
- Capable of communicating and working with technical staff
- Risk Management
- Has experience identifying and managing risks
- Plans solutions to risks with higher probability and severity
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of technical project management with five (5) years of experience
- Excellent organization and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills to convey messages effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and provide timely and accurate decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to ssolve problems and lead change.
- Korean fluency is preferred.
- Computer Science, Business Administration or Equivalent
- PMP, CBAP, or similar credentials